Wednesday, May 18, 2005

World Falun Dafa Day

I went out of town to attend my daughter's graduation around the World Falun Dafa Day weekend.

There are about a dozen practitioners in her local area. Since World Falun Dafa Day was a Friday, most practitioners had to work, so I offered to go to the park after 3:00 p.m.with two other practitioners.

There were very few people there. Around the playground, I saw a few young mothers with their children. I only talked to a handul of people.

The next day, I taught a Falun Gong class at a conference that was sponsored by the local university. There were ten people in the 8 a.m. class. Most of attendees were health care professionals, such as counselors, chiropractors, and psychologists. Among various classes, some of them came back to me for more instructions.

One of the participants in my class was also a Ph.D. He told me that Falun Gong was the only thing he learned that morning that was useful.

On Sunday, I joined the local group to clarify the truth after the exercises. People were very receptive when we approached them. One elderly practitioner who spoke very limited English really moved me.
She fearlessly ventured out to talk to people and clarify the truth to them. How courageous that was! I have known practitioners who speak perfect English and yet hesitate to talk to strangers.

Monday, on my return flight, half an hour after the plane took off, a man sitting next to me asked about the 9-ping I was reading. I gave him a copy of the Falun Dafa Reader and began to talk to him, from the persecution of Falun Gong to the evil nature of the CCP, and the social, economic, and political conditions in China. I talked 90 minutes non-stop and he did not seem to have enough and told me that we had to write to each other. His wife, who sat not too far away, came over to find out what he was so engrossed in. By the time the plane landed I gave him the website for 9-ping and my e-address. That night, he wrote me and wished that his wife could have heard everything I told him during the flight.

I had never clarified the truth to anyone for such a length of time. Does this imply a predestined relationship? or simply that people seek the truth the same way moths go for the light.

My weekend activities showed me that there was so much truth-clarifying work left to be done, but I, however , was encouraged because it became easier and easier for me.

- anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home