Friday, August 19, 2005

Journalists family detained by Chinese Government

Financial Times: Pro-Falun Gong Journalist Says Family Detained in China
Text of report from "Newswrap" programme by Radio TV Hong Kong audio website on 27 July
(Unknown 7/28/2005 20:38)

(Financial Times) About 60 people have petitioned Beijing's Liaison Office here, calling for the release of relatives of a journalist who works for a local television station which supports the Falun Gong spiritual movement. Sarah Liang, who works for New Tang television, says her mother and brother were arrested in Luzhou City in Sichuan Province. She told Clara Mack that the arrests were linked to her work with the station.

[Liang] They've given no evidence that they were kidnapped - my mother and my brother - because I am a reporter. But they tell my father that me - I - that his daughter don't go out to speak anything because they will put pressure on them. So I think this [is] because [of] my work, because I am a reporter in Hong Kong.

[Mack] Where is your family members now?

[Liang] Yes, I know that they are held in Luzhou Detention Centre.

[Mack] Have you got any chance to visit them at all since the arrest?

[Liang] No, we don't have any chance. Even my father, he doesn't have any
chance to see them.

[Mack] How are you feeling now, Ms Liang, about your family being arrested.

[Liang] I'm so scared but I know I do the right thing, though I am paying for [this]. But I think the only way I can do it is to speak out. This is the only way to save them. (Unknown 7/28/2005 20:38)




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE FALUN DAFA INFORMATION CENTER
Contacts: Gail Rachlin (+1 917-757-9780), Levi Browde (+1 646-415-0998), Erping Zhang (+1 646-533-6147), or Christina Chai (+1 917-386-5068).
Fax: 646-792-3916 Email: , Website: http://www.faluninfo.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home